What should I do if I notice an error on my billing statement?

This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act. 
If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write to us (on a separate sheet) at P.O. Box 576, Seattle, WA 98111-0576. Write to us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights.
In your letter, please give us the following information:
  • Your name and account number
  • The dollar amount of the suspected error
  • Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error
If you need more information, describe the item you are not sure about. If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from your savings or checking account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment, your letter must reach us three business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within 90 days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the bill was correct. After we receive your letter, we can't try to collect any amount you question or report you as delinquent. We can continue to bill you for the amount you question, including finance charges, and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
You don't have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you still are obligated to pay the parts of your bill that aren't in question. If we find that we made a mistake on your bill, you won't have to pay any finance charges related to any questioned amount. If we didn't make a mistake, you may have to pay finance charges, and you will have to make any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date it's due.
If you fail to pay the amount we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation doesn't satisfy you and you write to us within 10 days telling us you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you to that you have questions about your bill. And, we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to. We must tell anyone we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is.
If we don't follow those rules, we can't collect the first $50 of the questioned amount, even if your bill was correct.
If you have a problem with the quality of property or services you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services. There are two limitations on this right:
(a) You must have made the purchase in your home state or, if not within your home state, within 100 miles of your current mailing address; and
(b) The purchase price must have been more than $50.
Those limitations don't apply if we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services.