The following are common questions from our members and the answers that normally fulfill the associated need. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us directly via phone at 206-628-4010, toll free at 888-628-4010 or via secured message within your digital banking account.
The daily deposit limit for Mobile Deposit is $3,500 with a rolling 30-day limit of $5,000.
The following cannot be deposited with Mobile Deposit:
- Inspirus Credit Union checks drawn on the same Inspirus Credit Union account and deposited to the same account
- Altered checks which contains evidence of a change (correction fluid, crossed out, etc.)
- Foreign checks drawn on a financial institution in another country outside of the USA and in a non-US currency
- Incomplete checks which do not contain signatures of the maker, an endorsement, or is missing any information required for deposit
- Stale-Dated checks with instructions, such as, “Void 90 days after issue date” or “Must be cashed within six months of issue date.”
- Third Party checks made payable to a person who is not named on the account.
Yes, you can use Mobile Deposit on more than one mobile device. Each device must meet the requirements for service, have Internet capability and a built-in camera.
Only one check can be processed per deposit/transaction.
For example, 5 checks would mean 5 deposits/transactions.
Mobile Deposit is not currently a “real time” service and funds are not immediately credited to your account.
Our mobile deposits are posted on a schedule, multiple times throughout the day, 7 days a week. If your deposit does not require review, it will be automatically credited to your account at the next scheduled posting. If the deposit does need review – for example, due to a problem with the image – it may cause a delay in posting, but it will be credited to your account by the next business day at the very latest.
If for any reason we are not able to process the deposit, you will be notified by email .
Yes, all payees must sign the check and write “For Mobile
Deposit Only” below the signature in the endorsement area on the back of the
Common reasons for errors include:
- Folded or torn corners – The camera detects a folded and/or torn edge on the check.
- Front image is not legible – “View and Retake” error message may appear.
- Amounts not matching –The amount entered is different than the amount detected on the check; “Oops!” error appears.
- Routing and account numbers unclear – The routing and/or account numbers may not be clearly detected. “Can you clearly read the following Routing and Account numbers?” error appears.
- No camera on the phone – “Phone camera needed” error appears.
- Image is too dark – “The picture is too dark, please retake the picture.” message appears
- Access denied – Appears if access was denied to Mobile Banking by Inspirus Credit Union.